This information is now out of date and retained only for reference. Please refer to the 2016/17 membership post for current information
As a member of the Sutherland Shire Canoe Club you will have access to the clubhouse facilities, boats, equipment, showers, and toilets. You’ll also be joining a group of the friendliest and most helpful club members any paddler could hope to meet.
Benefits of SSCC membership:
- Make use of club boats, paddles, and personal flotation devices (PFDs)
- Park inside the gates and launch their boats from the clubrooms
- Learn canoeing skills through sound instruction in a safe environment
- Receive free coaching from experienced, qualified members
- Participate in the club’s structured activities
- Access instructional programmes and events organised by PaddleNSW
- Compete in well organised club events, against canoeists of similar age and skills
- Join in club run days, weekends and trips
- Gain experience and knowledge of our waterways
- Achieve and maintain physical fitness
- Enjoy this healthy activity in the company of others with the same interest
- Access club discounts
Sutherland Shire Canoe Club is affiliated with PaddleNSW Inc, the peak body for paddle sports in NSW. PaddleNSW provides representation and insurance for clubs and events across NSW. PaddleNSW is further affiliated with Australian Canoeing for national representation. Membership of PaddleNSW is managed through the Australian Canoeing website.
Paddlers who are not insured as members of either Australian Canoeing or PaddleNSW wanting to participate in an SSCC event must pay a $20 single event fee to cover insurance. Paddlers who are insured with PNSW or AC are not required to pay this levy.
Benefits of PNSW Membership
- Club Membership information
- Access to regular recreational paddles
- Eligibility to enter State (Club Member)
- Optional eligibility for National Championship Titles (PNSW National Competition Member category only)
- Public liability insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance whilst participating in any endorsed / sanctioned PaddleNSW activity
- Discounted coaching courses
- Discounted Instructor courses linked to the Australian Canoeing Award Scheme
- Discounted event entry PaddleNSW sanctioned events only
- Access to our extensive club and social network
- PaddleNSW electronic E-news
Schedule of fees
|National Competition Adult||$99|
|National Competition Junior 12 to 17 yrs*||$77|
|Junior 12 to 17 yrs*||$50|
|Children Under 12 yrs||Free|
|*current as at 01/06/2015|
|Non-Member Single Event Fee||$20|
|Membership Renewal (only available prior July 31)||$45|
|Come-and-Try fee (covers up to three sessions)||$20|
|Affiliate Member [terms & conditions]||$20|
Have-a-go with Sutherland Shire Canoe Club
Members of the public wanting to try kayaking are welcome to come down to the clubrooms on Sunday mornings throughout the year and have a go at paddling. To cover insurance and equipment use, you will be asked to sign an indemnity form and pay $20. This single fee covers up to three sessions. There is a limit of 3 Have-a-go days before we’ll ask you to join the club.
Joining the Sutherland Shire Canoe Club
[If you want step by step instructions with pictures – click here]
- Before you start – you will need a credit card to complete your registration
- Join Australian Canoeing– Australian Canoeing provides insurance and representation for all paddle sport participants across Australia. If you are already a member of another AC affiliated club, you don’t need to do this again. There are a range of membership options available depending on your age and competitive interests. Click here for Australian Canoeing…
- You will see two options Join or Renew.
- To renew you will need an existing Australian Canoeing login and password. If you don’t have one, proceed as a new member. There is no cost difference.
- Once the membership page opens, you should select the following options
- Account type: Individual
- Club: PaddleNSW Direct Member
- Membership Type: Member Adult (Club Member)
- If you want to enter competitions outside NSW you should choose
- Membership Type: National Competition Member – Adult
- You will see two options Join or Renew.
- Join the Sutherland Shire Canoe Club. You will need your AC membership number to complete the registration.