There was quite a bit of debate about whether it was going to be OK to head out for a morning of surfing on Bonnie Vale this Saturday. There had been some heavy seas earlier in the week and the Bureau of Meteorology was still forecasting dangerous surf conditions on Friday night.
Ross, and Bob had opted for skis, while Robyn, Kate, and I decided to keep warm by paddling sea kayaks. I hedged my bets even further, packing my surf helmet and VHF Radio “just in case”.
Arriving at Bonnie Vale it turned out that the weather forecast was a bit overcooked although there were some good waves coming in on both sides of the bay.
My camera battery went flat so I only got a few pics of Bob…