By Andrew Giardini
A relatively small turnout for the Sutherland shire canoe club at this weekend’s event,with only 9 paddlers across 4 divisions.
A welcome return to Ross & Robyn Bingle to the marathon series giving us 4 kayaks in Division 4 with President John Denyer performing the best, taking out 3rd place in some very trying conditions with strong winds & ferry wash proving to be challenging for all.
Congratulations to all our other paddlers competing
- Ian Purves taking out the “Nemo award” for his swim at the 5km turn, but in true spirit in cold conditions remounted his ski and finished the race.
- Lachie Stokes our only junior at Davistown finishing a very strong 5th in division 10.
- Gareth Stokes 6th place Div 3;
- Jenny and Kim powered their canoe to 9th place in Div 8;
- myself 9th place in my first hit out in Div 4.
Those who couldn’t make it due to illness or other commitments were all missed. Let’s get as many as we can to Windsor on August to maximise our points.